A business website is the face of your company. Whether you are executing brand awareness campaigns or targeting consumers to increase your sales, you are likely linking back your site. Quality business website design is clearly integral to your business’s goals— so what can you do to increase your acquisition and sales metrics?
When optimizing your business website, you should investigate two key design components: your website’s interface and branding.
The User-Friendly Interface
The quality of your website’s interface is defined by how you strategically place elements in the given space. Here is some of our favorite advice for appealing to customers with a well-designed interface:
– Keep your navigation menu simple. Do not give too many page options, or your audience will give up when attempting to learn about your company or buy your product/service.
– Limit how much information is present per page. If your audience must scroll significantly, chances are, your interface is too complicated.
– Balance your content and graphics appropriately with white space to increase readability.
– Maintain visibility on each page for your call to action as well as your contact information to promote accessibility.
– Ensure that your layout is mobile-friendly. Customers are increasingly using their phones to navigate websites before purchases, and a mobile-friendly site will improve your image.
Creating Engaging Branding
Engaging website branding boils down to your chosen color scheme, fonts, logo design, and even paragraph length. Here are some tips to consider when creating your website’s branding for maximum client engagement:
– Keep your paragraph length to no more than six sentences. By maintaining concise content, you are allowing your ideal customer to quickly understand your value propositions.
– Your logo design should appeal to your audience with colors, fonts, and other design elements that allow you to stand out from your competitors. However, your logo must remain complementary to your industry and business voice.
– Limit your colors and ornate fonts; only use them to draw the eye for emphasis. This doesn’t mean you have to be boring—your design just must be smart. Wild colors and different fonts will confuse and frustrate your target audience.
– Personalize your brand voice. This means including an “About” page that has a photo of your team and that speaks directly to consumers. Personalized messaging will increase their trust in your products/services and demonstrate that you can speak to their unique needs.
What are your favorite business website design tips?
Advertising is a great way to promote your business and increase sales, however, if you don’t have an original, creative approach for it you are not going to have the success that you are looking for or expecting. The marketing world is over-saturated, and it can be a little overwhelming trying to come up with a unique sales pitch, and even more concerning to wonder how it will be received.
A business is nothing without loyal customers, which is why one of the most important aspects of a business is customer service. Those who provide exceptional customer service seem to be able to weather various storms that come their way because they continue to attain their loyal customer base which keeps them afloat.
A customer journey is the steps that a customer must complete in order to reach your intended final action or goal. Their path their journey takes depends on multiple factors, such as the source that created their awareness of your brand, their behaviors, their interests, and more. Mapping a customer journey allows you to have a better idea of your goals and anticipate how a customer will interact with your marketing campaigns.